Light snow leads to crashes, spinouts in southern NH
Several vehicles were off the road on Route 101 eastbound in Raymond after light snow created slippery conditions this morning. (Jason Schreiber/Union Leader Correspondent)
Accidents on Interstate 93 southbound in Londonderry caused significant backups into Manchester.
Delays also were seen on the Everett Turnpike southbound in Nashua after a three-car accident.
Other crashes were reported on Interstate 95 in Hampton, including a rollover southbound. One person had to be extricated from the vehicle.
Another rollover was reported on I-95 in North Hampton just north of the tolls and yet another farther north in Portsmouth.
Several vehicles slid off the highway and multiple accidents were seen on Route 101 eastbound in Raymond and Epping. An accident was also reported in Exeter near Exit 9.
Route 125 in Brentwood experienced problems as well.
"The conditions of the roadway at this time are very dangerous. Plow crews have not been out prior to the morning commute and small accumulations are packing on the roadway surface, causing icy conditions," Brentwood police Sgt. Denny Wood said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
- Perfect weather predicted for weekend events - 0
- NH braces for a soaker, flash floods as Arthur moves up coast - 0
- Concord postpones fireworks to Saturday - 0
- LIghtning strike sends Epping house up in flames - 0
- Weather warnings push fireworks to Saturday in Rochester - 0
- Threat of thunderstorms pushes Dover fireworks to Sunday - 0
- Weather could lead to fireworks postponement in Salem - 0
- Some damage, no injuries when more than 7 inches of rain falls on Lost River area - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket