Light snow leads to crashes, spinouts in southern NH
Several vehicles were off the road on Route 101 eastbound in Raymond after light snow created slippery conditions this morning. (Jason Schreiber/Union Leader Correspondent)
Accidents on Interstate 93 southbound in Londonderry caused significant backups into Manchester.
Delays also were seen on the Everett Turnpike southbound in Nashua after a three-car accident.
Other crashes were reported on Interstate 95 in Hampton, including a rollover southbound. One person had to be extricated from the vehicle.
Another rollover was reported on I-95 in North Hampton just north of the tolls and yet another farther north in Portsmouth.
Several vehicles slid off the highway and multiple accidents were seen on Route 101 eastbound in Raymond and Epping. An accident was also reported in Exeter near Exit 9.
Route 125 in Brentwood experienced problems as well.
"The conditions of the roadway at this time are very dangerous. Plow crews have not been out prior to the morning commute and small accumulations are packing on the roadway surface, causing icy conditions," Brentwood police Sgt. Denny Wood said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Storm blasts state with messy mix - 0
- Rainy forecast forces Portsmouth to cancel Christmas parade; tree lighting still on - 0
- NHDOT: Snow, sleet causing no traffic problems on state's highways - 0
- Utilities tallying up the damage - 3
- Elliot Hospital serves dinner to those affected by power outages - 0
- Power outages down to final few - 2
- Lights, heat making slow return - 7
- Day Three in the dark for many in NH - 9
- Londonderry shelter gives residents warm place to stay after power outages - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'