Deroy Murdock: Obama's war on poor nuns is an economic injustice
"The Little Sisters do their work for free," says Daniel Blomberg, legal counsel at the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty, which represents these nuns. "They are not paid salaries," Blomberg adds. "Each Little Sister takes a vow of poverty. They don't personally own anything."
Blomberg also notes that Obamacare lets HIV medication prices increase. "There are no restrictions on co-pays for HIV drugs. Indeed, plans do not have to cover them. But contraceptives must be covered and totally free," Blomberg says. "You can die under the Affordable Care Act because you cannot afford your HIV medications, but birth control has to be gratis."
"Women at all income levels use the pill," says Dr. Lawrence B. Finer, Ph.D., Director of Domestic Research at the Guttmacher Institute. "But pill use is more common among higher-income women than among lower-income women." Birth control pills are the most popular female contraceptive.
Obama should unhand the Little Sisters of the Poor so they can spread their love. Meanwhile, women should acquire contraceptives just as Obama expects men to obtain condoms — with their own money.
Deroy Murdock is a Fox News contributor and a media fellow with the Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace at Stanford University.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
- Bottle store blues: The useless grocery mandate - 2
- Finding city revenue: Seek more private partners - 0
- Putin's freedom: Obama's weakness - 42
- Safe seats, frequent flyers - 0
- Sports volunteers: Eric Mommsen embodies the spirit - 0
- Issa drops in: Doesn't match media slant - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 6
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief