Home » News » Public Safety
Epping street name changes are on hold due to 911 concerns
One of the next streets slated for a name change is Old Hedding Road, which is split by Route 125. The town plans to change one section to Fogg Road and the other to Cofin Road, Letourneau said.
Old Hedding Road was added to the list because of concerns about responders confusing it with Hedding Road, but some residents at Monday's meeting questioned whether the name really needs to change.
"There needs to be some serious discussion whether you actually need to change them," he told selectmen.
Letourneau said some towns have ended up in court because of situations where names weren't changed and responders went to the wrong location.
"We should be helping out as much as we can at least by sending out letters to companies in the area that make deliveries," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth