Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Grappone Automotive Group owner not afraid to go her own way
I was lucky enough to hear the 40-year-old owner of the Grappone Automotive Group play before she spoke at the Women & Money Forum at Southern New Hampshire University last Thursday.
"As a female, you can get away with a lot of things," she said. For example, she can write an email to her more than 300 team members and sign it "Love, Amanda," without it being "creepy or weird."
To learn more about The Center for Women's Business Advancement, visit www.cwbanh.com.
Science in the kitchen
I loved the new Science in the Kitchen exhibit at SEE Science Center. It was recently donated by Great NH Restaurants — owners of Cactus Jack's, T-Bones and The Copper Door — and designed by the company's corporate chef, Nicole Barreira. No surprise, the kid-sized kitchen is all pink, just like Barreira's signature chef's jacket.
There is a wonderful opportunity for parents and kids to practice yoga together at Yoga Balance at 135 Hooksett Road this Saturday. The Family Yoga Workshop will combine physical exercise, partner poses, kid-approved yoga poses, breath work, and relaxation, mixed in with a healthy dose of family togetherness. There will be two sessions. The 1:30 p.m. slot is for children 5 to 8 years old with a parent. The 4 p.m. slot is for those 9 to 13 years old with a parent. The cost is $20 for each parent/child couple.
If you have an interesting item for Scene in Manchester, write to Scene@UnionLeader.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford Bible study group to meet on Sept. 10 - 0
- Hundreds attend Mass for slain journalist from NH - 1
- St. George Greek Orthodox pastor heads west - 0
- Pope calls Foleys to offer his condolences - 0
- Inaugural organ concert at Wolfeboro church Aug. 27 - 0
- Knights of Columbus assists with Manchester church renovations - 0
- Religion calendar for NH, beginning Aug. 21 - 0
- St. Luke parish in Plaistow to hold yard sale - 0
- Manchester educator explores history of anti-semitism and the Holocaust - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone