Home » News » Politics » State House Dome
Camps store 100 tons of ice for campers' antique ice boxes
Doug Adams, a maintenance worker at Rockywold-Deephaven Camps in Holderness and Sandwich, pulls ice off of the harvesting platform at the annual ice harvest Friday. (DAN SEUFERT PHOTO)
So say the ice harvesters at Rockywold-Deephaven Camps, who on Saturday completed another successful harvest, which is done for another season entirely — summer.
Their three-day harvest prepares more than 3,600 ice blocks or about 100 tons of ice for the camp's summer customers, who prefer using antique ice boxes instead of refrigerators.
"I can't say it's fun; it's work that has to be done," he said.
Actually, this year's harvest was unique. It was one of the earliest starts they've had.
Last year's early winter warmth pushed the harvest to the beginning of February. "Everyone said it was global warming last winter," Jurczynski said
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alice Cooper 'Raise The Dead – Live From Wacken' DVD out October 21 in North America via UDR Music - 0
- Joan Osborne & The Weight: Members of The Band in Plymouth next weekend - 0
- Signature Chefs Auction® Honors Manchester's Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield - 0
- Five Finger Death Punch co-headlining Fall arena tour with Volbeat kicks off today, hits Lowell September 26 - 0
- Win tickets to see Kip Moore - 0
- Win tickets to see Demi Lovato - 0
- Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio - 0
- Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads - 0
- Win tickets to see Tower of Power - 0
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?