Young Londonderry artists inspired to create
Kindergarten student Grace Scanlon shows off her prize-winning photo during the Reflections art reception at Londonderry Middle School on Saturday evening. (APRIL GUILMET PHOTO)
No matter what medium they chose, each of the 200 or so students to participate in this year's Reflections exhibit had their chance to shine Saturday evening during a district-wide reception at Londonderry Middle School.
Students in grades one through six were eligible to compete, with young artists from Londonderry Middle, Matthew Thornton, Moose Hill, North and South schools all taking part in Saturday's event.
Her poem, "From Last To First" shares her excitement over the team's recent World Series victory.
Second-grader Isabella Kneidrel's drawing of her family hinted at lofty goals.
"I believe I will be a queen when I grow up," the North Elementary student wrote.
"They both taught me all about being an artist," the North School second-grader said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: A primer on race and do-gooders - 0
- Ramesh Ponnuru: There is no basis for liberal Hobby Lobby outrage - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: NH energy projects should produce wins for everyone - 15
- Another View - Kevin Baine: No, the Hobby Lobby ruling won't deny anyone contraception - 6
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals dislike America - 2
- Another View -- David Ignatius: Iran overplays its hand - 0
- John Stossel: There's capitalism, and then there's crony capitalism - 1
- David Harsanyi: Not surprising more Americans believe freedom is overrated - 1
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Water-loving dogs should be watched so they don't overdo it - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax