Adams Memorial Building in Derry in need of repairs
A structural review of the building was completed in September and revealed some major overstressing of beams. There was so much stress being placed on the beams that the balcony had to be closed, Mike Fowler, public works director, told councilors in a meeting last week.
“The lower level is not in any structural deficiency that we are aware of,” Fowler said. “It’s primarily in the roof and ceiling components.”
“As I understand it, they (the Greater Derry Arts Council) are managing around it, but obviously the preference would be to get back to full capacity as soon as possible,” Fowler said.
And if the work is approved and the roof is replaced, it is recommended that insulation be installed, Fowler said. This would produce a potential energy savings.
The cost estimate for the work ranges from around $125,000 to $150,000. If the project is approved, the town could proceed with a bid in May, Fowler said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Minimum wages: Maximum spin - 11
- A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth - 1
- Supervised visitation: The metal detector problem - 1
- Charter cap trap: A restriction to repeal - 0
- Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal - 4
- Bedford’s road bond: A good deal for a big fix - 1
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 19
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 21
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 0
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 0
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 0
- Nashua aldermen approve pair of union contracts - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Nashua must decide on parkway project's bridge aesthetics - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal