Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Newmarket man gets prison for sending sexually explicit photos of minor
Corey Ferland, 22, pleaded guilty to four charges of distribution of child sexual abuse images for sending the photos on Feb. 5, 2013. He received a suspended three- to six-year sentence on two of the charges.
Ferland could face more prison time in another case for an alleged sexual encounter with a 15-year-old girl on Sept. 8 while he was free on bail.
Had Ferland been convicted at trial for manufacturing child sexual abuse images, he could have faced up to 15 to 30 years in state prison and another 10 to 20 years on the distribution and possession charges, according to the indictments.
The girl in the latest case told Newmarket police that she met Ferland around 1 a.m. on Sept. 8 and had a sexual encounter with him.
Police say Ferland had a sexual encounter with the girl at a baseball park off Elm Street. Ferland also allegedly gave the girl marijuana to smoke while at the park. The sexual assault charge in that case is punishable by up to 3 ½ to 7 years in state prison.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge OKs early release for former teacher convicted of possessing child porn - 0
- Nashua man indicted for allegedly shooting girlfriend - 0
- Manchester 7-Eleven robbed for fourth time - 0
- Manchester couple faces robbery, theft charges after Salem mall incident - 0
- Chainsaw-wielding man facing multiple charges over Sept. incident - 0
- Woman faces assault charge after Monopoly game gets out of hand - 14
- Plea deal gives shooter 15-30 years in 2012 death of Manchester man - 0
- Missouri governor urges calm ahead of grand jury decision on shooting; findings to be announced at 9 p.m. - 0
- Two Manchester brothers indicted in Nashua drive-by shooting - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll
Right to Life sues over NH clinic records
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483