F-15s performing exercise over southwestern NH, Vt.
People in parts of southwestern New Hampshire and Vermont may see F-15 fighter jets overhead Wednesday.
Don’t be alarmed.
The jets from the 104th Fighter Wing in Westfield, Mass., are scheduled to participate in an alert exercise over the southern half of Vermont and southwest New Hampshire.
“F-15 fighter jets will be conducting this training to facilitate training for alert pilots on intercept procedures, ensuring the Massachusetts Air National Guard is prepared to defend the Northeast airspace against any airborne threat,” according to a Guard statement.
“These no-notice exercises are carefully planned, closely controlled and include exercising airspace restriction violations, hijackings and responding to unknown aircraft,” the statement said. “Communities in the affected areas may experience increased aircraft activity during the duration of this exercise.”
Those communities are Keene, Hinsdale and Jaffrey in New Hampshire as well as Wells, Dorsett, Granville, Bennington and Brattleboro in Vermont.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Drew Cline: Rand Paul's coalition vs. Ted Cruz's army - 4
- Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed - 4
- George Will: Understanding our divisions - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Attorney General Eric Holder's race card - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 14
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 5
- Thomas Sowell: Fraudulent stats behind 'equal pay' claims - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: The left's arrogant groupthink - 0
- Rep. Adam Schroadter: Penalties for marijuana use in NH should fit the crime - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Spring fever brings hope for U.S. investors as earnings season looms - 0
- Merrimack storage facility to be region's largest - 0
- C's lose tiebreaker for draft order - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Lacrosse: Pinkerton girls rout Salem - 0
- NHIAA Softball: Dover's speed foils Central - 0
- Transition to new grading system continues in Nashua - 0
- This Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Four burglaries reported in Manchester on Thursday - 0
- Manchester woman arrested twice in two days - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election