F-15s performing exercise over southwestern NH, Vt.
People in parts of southwestern New Hampshire and Vermont may see F-15 fighter jets overhead Wednesday.
Don’t be alarmed.
The jets from the 104th Fighter Wing in Westfield, Mass., are scheduled to participate in an alert exercise over the southern half of Vermont and southwest New Hampshire.
“F-15 fighter jets will be conducting this training to facilitate training for alert pilots on intercept procedures, ensuring the Massachusetts Air National Guard is prepared to defend the Northeast airspace against any airborne threat,” according to a Guard statement.
“These no-notice exercises are carefully planned, closely controlled and include exercising airspace restriction violations, hijackings and responding to unknown aircraft,” the statement said. “Communities in the affected areas may experience increased aircraft activity during the duration of this exercise.”
Those communities are Keene, Hinsdale and Jaffrey in New Hampshire as well as Wells, Dorsett, Granville, Bennington and Brattleboro in Vermont.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- U.S. says Islamic State video of journalist's killing is authentic - 0
- No paper on Monday; check UnionLeader.com for updated, breaking news - 0
- Concord attorney Leahy dies - 0
- Robin Williams’ ashes are scattered in San Francisco Bay - 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
- Moose International files suit to claim Claremont lodge - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 10
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'