F-15s performing exercise over southwestern NH, Vt.
People in parts of southwestern New Hampshire and Vermont may see F-15 fighter jets overhead Wednesday.
Don’t be alarmed.
The jets from the 104th Fighter Wing in Westfield, Mass., are scheduled to participate in an alert exercise over the southern half of Vermont and southwest New Hampshire.
“F-15 fighter jets will be conducting this training to facilitate training for alert pilots on intercept procedures, ensuring the Massachusetts Air National Guard is prepared to defend the Northeast airspace against any airborne threat,” according to a Guard statement.
“These no-notice exercises are carefully planned, closely controlled and include exercising airspace restriction violations, hijackings and responding to unknown aircraft,” the statement said. “Communities in the affected areas may experience increased aircraft activity during the duration of this exercise.”
Those communities are Keene, Hinsdale and Jaffrey in New Hampshire as well as Wells, Dorsett, Granville, Bennington and Brattleboro in Vermont.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: The face of IRS behavior - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 7
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 11
- Thomas Sowell: Freedom is not free; you've got to fight for it - 1
- Michael C. Whitney: A small gas tax hike would be good for business - 7
- Jonah Goldberg: In the case of My Brother's Keeper, race does, and should, matter - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The NH Senate's Medicaid trap - 0
- Rep. William Butynski: A casino gambling plan that works for NH - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal would create formidable giant - 0
- NH College Notebook: Rye's Drummond sets Smith College scoring mark - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
- Livingston scores twice as Monarchs top Providence - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Bedford girls top Trinity to advance - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Bedford rolls past Lebanon, into D-II semis - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Sprague nets hat trick to lead Central past Trinity - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
George Will: The face of IRS behavior
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness