F-15s performing exercise over southwestern NH, Vt.
People in parts of southwestern New Hampshire and Vermont may see F-15 fighter jets overhead Wednesday.
Don’t be alarmed.
The jets from the 104th Fighter Wing in Westfield, Mass., are scheduled to participate in an alert exercise over the southern half of Vermont and southwest New Hampshire.
“F-15 fighter jets will be conducting this training to facilitate training for alert pilots on intercept procedures, ensuring the Massachusetts Air National Guard is prepared to defend the Northeast airspace against any airborne threat,” according to a Guard statement.
“These no-notice exercises are carefully planned, closely controlled and include exercising airspace restriction violations, hijackings and responding to unknown aircraft,” the statement said. “Communities in the affected areas may experience increased aircraft activity during the duration of this exercise.”
Those communities are Keene, Hinsdale and Jaffrey in New Hampshire as well as Wells, Dorsett, Granville, Bennington and Brattleboro in Vermont.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal urban police policies won't quell riots - 0
- Another View -- Frank Guinta: I am uniquely qualified to represent NH in Congress - 11
- Deroy Murdock: The indictment of Rick Perry is bizarre and unfounded - 0
- Another View - Marc Champion: A strong terror policy would cure Obama's golf woes - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama confuses the TV world with the real one - 2
- George Will: In defense of the defenders - 0
- Roger Simon: Is Ferguson the future? - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: Stopping the worst people on earth - 0
- Lynn Preston's NH Legal Perspectives: What prospective real estate purchasers need to know - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name