Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Windham home invasion trial using DNA evidence
Luis Carvalho, 33, of Taunton, Mass., listens to arguments during his trial Tuesday in Rockingham County Superior Court. (JAMES A. KIMBLE PHOTO)
Carvalho’s alleged partner was never caught by police after a widespread search that included officers from at least three towns, a K-9 and a state police helicopter, according to court testimony.
“She saw at least two men break into the house,” Conway said. “Both were wearing all black. They were wearing ski masks and do-rags. Samantha was terrified.”
While a dog barked in the background, Gervais can be heard saying, “Who is that? This is Samantha. What are you doing? What are you doing?”, before the line goes dead.
“I could hear glass breaking. People were running around the house for sure,” Mirisola testified.
While he was being booked, an officer found a piece of material in his hair that was similar to insulation inside the bedroom of the home where an open safe was located, Conway said.
A DNA sample taken from Carvalho could not be excluded from one of the facemasks police later found, Conway said.
Public Defender Devens Hamlen argued that Gervais was lying to police about the men invading her home, and remained uncooperative with police as they continued to investigate the break-in.
Hamlen said jurors would hear about Gervais’ brother being arrested on drug charges.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917