Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Seacoast warning goes out over gift card scam, theft
Deval Rhodes, 22, of 2168 Renfrew Ave. in Elmont, N.Y., was charged with forgery and possession of a marijuana.
Police continue to investigate and expect to charge the pair over the gift cards.
The caller told police that two men – one wearing a suit and the other wearing a Yankees hat and Nike sweat shirt – purchased $400 in gift cards before attempting to obtain another $800 in gift cards, but their credit card was declined, according to police.
Investigators believe Rhodes also allegedly signed a false name while using a credit card at CVS pharmacy.
Police continue to investigate and believe the case is connected to a credit card ring and have notified their counterparts around the area, according to Police Capt. Paul Toussaint.
“We’re not sure what we completely have – especially from last night,” Toussaint said, adding purchasing items with gift cards makes this “much harder to trace.”
On Thursday, police arrested of two men from New York State who allegedly had a van full of stolen goods, phony credit cards and fake driver’s licenses.
Anyone having further information about this matter or similar acts is encouraged to contact the Rochester Police Department at (603) 330-7128.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
- Police say three lured contractor to robbery through Craigslist - 0
- Little League speakers stolen from Precourt Park - 0
- Ex-Fortune 500 executive now facing assault charge in addition to murder counts - 0
- Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison - 0
- Prosecutors to ask 4 years in prison for former Manchester diocese official - 0
- Stolen scratch tickets lead police to Portsmouth suspect - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- House committee opposes bill to keep mental health records out of federal gun checks - 0
- Derry library's proposed 2015 budget moves forward - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs find a home away from home - 0
- Fish & Game Club planning ahead for fireworks event - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Lake Winnipesaukee ice-out expected today
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917