State has questions on Iberdrola wind farm application
Iberdrola “may supplement the application with the missing information within 10 days of receipt of this order or may thereafter file a new application containing the missing information,” the SEC said.
“We recognize that the SEC wants to give this project a very high level of scrutiny and ensure maximum coordination between all state agencies and local government,” said Iberdrola’s Paul Copleman.
Two other motions, from New Hampshire Wind Watch and the Wild Meadows Legal Fund, were ruled “out of order” because they urged the SEC to find the application to be incomplete. The motions “were filed with less than six days left in the period in which completeness must be reviewed by the committee truncating the period of time for any effective response by the applicant,” the SEC said.
“The proposal was deemed ‘incomplete’ by Chair Ignatius and the rest of the SEC recognized Iberdrola’s proposal for what it was: a hurriedly assembled document intended to beat the deadline imposed by a tax credit that ended at the end of the year.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: The face of IRS behavior - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 7
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 11
- Thomas Sowell: Freedom is not free; you've got to fight for it - 1
- Michael C. Whitney: A small gas tax hike would be good for business - 7
- Jonah Goldberg: In the case of My Brother's Keeper, race does, and should, matter - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The NH Senate's Medicaid trap - 0
- Rep. William Butynski: A casino gambling plan that works for NH - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal would create formidable giant - 0
- NH College Notebook: Rye's Drummond sets Smith College scoring mark - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
- Livingston scores twice as Monarchs top Providence - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Bedford girls top Trinity to advance - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Bedford rolls past Lebanon, into D-II semis - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Sprague nets hat trick to lead Central past Trinity - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
George Will: The face of IRS behavior
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness