Home » News » Public Safety
Varney Street residents evacuated after car hits gas line
MANCHESTER — Police said there were no injuries when a vehicle struck a house on Varney Street just after 5 a.m. Wednesday, but the residents were evacuated as a precaution because of damage to a gas line.
Police Lt. Maureen Tessier said the gas was quickly shut off and residents were allowed to return. Tessier said there was no structural damage to the house, which was struck on the west side where the gas and electrical lines were located.
She said a 2006 Chevy Impala driven by Deborah Clark, 52, of 9 Pinard St., slid on ice as Clark was negotiating a turn and went over a snowbank and hit the house. The vehicle had to be towed from the scene. No summons was issued, although Tessier said Clark likely was driving too fast for conditions.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
- Tactical team takes man, 71, into custody - 0
- Hudson rider misses jump, crashes bike - 0
- Injured hiker carried to safety off Mount Israel in Sandwich - 0
- Three-alarm fire heavily damages Franklin store - 0
- 74-year-old woman suffers serious injuries in hit-and-run incident in Windham - 0
- Grandmother charged in ATV crash with tot - 1
- ATV flips in Alton with 3-year-old on board - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- High School Football Power Poll: Some shuffling in the middle - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Pamela Diamantis: USNH’s tuition freeze offer is good for NH’s future - 1
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio: A well-earned celebration for Sox. - 0
- A’s earn their way into postseason play - 0
Dover man's nightmare lesson for everyone
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH
Personhood Controversial? Really?
License revocations for DWI announced
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance