Home » News » Public Safety
Report: Crotched Mtn. lift accident result of a ‘misload’
A Hollis mother and her six-year-old daughter were injured falling from a chairlift at the ski area just after 4 p.m. on Dec. 11.
W. Briggs Lockwood, chief tramway safety inspector for the state Fire Marshal’s Office, said the girl fell from the chair because she was never properly seated on the chairlift and that the mother moved right away to help her daughter.
“She had difficulty loading and slipped off the chair. The other two passengers held onto her as long as they could,” Lockwood said.
“Falling from a chairlift is always a bad situation, but it’s an accident that happens occasionally,” Lockwood said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 5
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Tuition tax credits make a return