Home » News » Public Safety
Report: Crotched Mtn. lift accident result of a ‘misload’
A Hollis mother and her six-year-old daughter were injured falling from a chairlift at the ski area just after 4 p.m. on Dec. 11.
W. Briggs Lockwood, chief tramway safety inspector for the state Fire Marshal’s Office, said the girl fell from the chair because she was never properly seated on the chairlift and that the mother moved right away to help her daughter.
“She had difficulty loading and slipped off the chair. The other two passengers held onto her as long as they could,” Lockwood said.
“Falling from a chairlift is always a bad situation, but it’s an accident that happens occasionally,” Lockwood said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate