Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Death at Page Restaurant brings prison sentence
O'Neill is expected to receive a 10 ½ to 22 year prison term when he appears for sentencing on Jan. 23.
O'Neill could have faced up to 18 ½ to 33 years in state prison had he been convicted by a jury of the manslaughter charge. The first-degree assault charge also carried an enhanced prison term of 11 to 22 years, according to indictments.
Krantz was attacked from behind on a basement-level dance floor around 12:43 a.m., police said. O'Neill went after Krantz for accidentally spilling a drink on him earlier in the night, according to prosecutors. He was free on bail in another case at the time of the attack, prosecutors said.
An employee at The Page told police that O'Neill said he waited until nearly the end of closing time to hit Krantz because he didn't want to ruin his own night. Krantz reportedly spilled a drink on O'Neill earlier in the night, police said.
The Page closed its doors permanently on June 21 once the city filed a petition with the state Liquor Commission to terminate the bar's liquor license.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Nashua man sentenced for robbing bank - 0
- 14 people arrested in Nashua drug sweep - 1
- Nashua mother pleads guilty to manslaughter death of son - 2
- Childcare employee has license revoked after arriving to work intoxicated - 0
- Man accused of blocking ambulance at Derry house fire - 5
- Manchester police pursuit ends in arrest - 1
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man misses court date while in jail - 0
- Former youth baseball coach convicted a second time - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Third-party food delivery on the rise - 0
- College Hockey: Northeastern wins in OT, forces Game 3 with UNH - 0
- NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll - 0
- Pembroke voters OK clock tower face-lift - 0
- Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer - 0
- Groveton backs 'Plan B' for town office project - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Obama's national security aides meet to discuss Ukraine - 0
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer
- Total Votes: 917