Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
2 involved in standoff have string of aliases, arrests
Melissa Amato and Daren Gragg were arraigned via video from the Rockingham County jail on charges stemming from a standoff with police at their Hampton Falls apartment Tuesday night. JASON SCHREIBER
"I don't even know about a lot of those charges," Amato said after Werner listed other charges she's facing.
Amesbury police asked Hampton Falls police to respond to the residence. When Detective Joseph Lister arrived, he found a man and woman later identified as Gragg and Amato exiting a car and entering 24 Lafayette Road, Apt. 7, the affidavit said.
"At this time we believe that the couple had broken into unit 8 with the intent to resist detention or arrest, committing the crime of burglary," the affidavit said.
Amato tried to argue for lower bail, insisting that she would show up for her court dates despite her past failures to appear.
But when DeVries asked about her contact with family, Amato said she hadn't seen her family members in about two years.
Before his arraignment, Gragg objected to the media photographing and videotaping the proceedings. He said he wanted to talk to his public defender about the case first."I'd like to find out all that before the media can distort things the way they do," he told the judge, who did allow cameras in the courtroom.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say North Hampton man distributed child sex abuse images - 0
- Sexual assault charge in Keene - 0
- Keene man charged with threatening Nelson teen with gun - 0
- More details released about Nashua drive-by shooting - 0
- Portsmouth man charged with two felony drug counts - 0
- Affidavits show woman was shot as feds conducted downtown Manchester drug raid - 0
- Newton man charged with kidnapping, sexual assault of 15-year-old Mass. girl - 1
- Two felony charges for alleged Portsmouth drug dealer - 0
- Nashua man arrested in violent purse snatching - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test
- Total Votes: 917