Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Derry man arrested in flag box theft
Eric Lecuyer, 42, 17L Gamache Road, was arrested at his residence on a warrant for theft, police Capt. Vern Thomas said Wednesday.
Police recovered the box at his residence on Dec. 9, Thomas said.
Pinkerton Academy JROTC students installed the box on Nov. 22 in a collaborative effort with the Derry Veterans of Foreign Wars. After a certain amount of time, VFW members would come to collect the flags and properly dispose of them.
The box was stolen from the transfer station on Nov. 29 and police later began an investigation.
"We conduct thorough, well documented investigations before making an arrest," Thomas said. "We did so in this case."
He said no further information on the arrest was being shared.
The box is about 4 feet tall and weighs 150 to 200 pounds, according to officials.
Public Works Director Mike Fowler said the town first checked to make sure town employees, or someone from the school or local Veterans of Foreign Wars chapter, hadn't inadvertently removed the box.
Fowler said he then viewed video surveillance of the incident with a transfer station employee. It was apparent someone removed the box from the transfer station during the day when the facility was still open, he said.
Lt. Col. Howie Steadman, JROTC adviser, said last month that he was glad to hear the box had been recovered.
After the police investigation concluded, plans called for the box to be returned to the transfer station, Steadman said. The group is considering putting some security measures in place when it's returned.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- AG petitions judge to remove Rockingham County attorney from office - 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus