Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Derry man arrested in flag box theft
Eric Lecuyer, 42, 17L Gamache Road, was arrested at his residence on a warrant for theft, police Capt. Vern Thomas said Wednesday.
Police recovered the box at his residence on Dec. 9, Thomas said.
Pinkerton Academy JROTC students installed the box on Nov. 22 in a collaborative effort with the Derry Veterans of Foreign Wars. After a certain amount of time, VFW members would come to collect the flags and properly dispose of them.
The box was stolen from the transfer station on Nov. 29 and police later began an investigation.
"We conduct thorough, well documented investigations before making an arrest," Thomas said. "We did so in this case."
He said no further information on the arrest was being shared.
The box is about 4 feet tall and weighs 150 to 200 pounds, according to officials.
Public Works Director Mike Fowler said the town first checked to make sure town employees, or someone from the school or local Veterans of Foreign Wars chapter, hadn't inadvertently removed the box.
Fowler said he then viewed video surveillance of the incident with a transfer station employee. It was apparent someone removed the box from the transfer station during the day when the facility was still open, he said.
Lt. Col. Howie Steadman, JROTC adviser, said last month that he was glad to hear the box had been recovered.
After the police investigation concluded, plans called for the box to be returned to the transfer station, Steadman said. The group is considering putting some security measures in place when it's returned.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483