Hollis/Brookline district assesses future needs
The report, which assessed the current and anticipated capacities of both the middle and high schools, was released Jan. 10.
Moody said the next steps would be the development of a five-year plan outlining projected needs.The Hollis Brookline Cooperative School District maintains two schools: Hollis Brookline Middle School for grades seven and eight, and Hollis Brookline High School.According to the report, which is posted on the district website, it cost $12,148 per middle school pupil during the 2011-12 school year, which was lower than the state average of $12,605.
This year there are 380 middle school students and 875 high school students enrolled in the district.
Built in 1962, the middle school was subject to substantial renovations and additions in 2001 and currently boasts 92,000 square feet of space and 22 regular classrooms.
The district high school, constructed in 1997, underwent renovations in 1999 and 2000, and currently boasts 142,849 square feet of space.
The recent report noted that the high school cafeteria remains undersized and limits on classroom space have proven challenging.
The consulting team recommended several options, including the eventual construction of a new cafeteria addition, transforming a mini-gym into a satellite cafeteria space during lunchtime and building three firstname.lastname@example.org
READER COMMENTS: 27
- A mom's bail: Getting it right - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 12
- Proof of Santa here: Hooksett's Dick Marshall, for one - 0
- Christmas spirit: Do you have more than a homeless man? - 1
- The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama - 47
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 38
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- After Newtown: A gun rights revival - 39
- Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads