State to hear complaints about Groton Wind farm
On May 6, 2011, the state's Site Evaluation Committee granted a permit to Iberdrola Renewables through its local company, Groton Wind, for a 24-turbine, 48-megawatt wind energy company. The facility was built and went online last December.
The company made changes to its Groton plans, including relocating the operations and maintenance building, and said it did so following state law through the Department of Environmental Services and with the support of the town fire chief.
Senior Assistant Attorney General Peter C.L. Roth has backed complaints that Iberdrola did not get proper authority to make changes to its operations and maintenance building and turbines plan as the law requires.
"Of gravest concern is the complete relocation of the (operations and maintenance) building," he said, which sits on a leveled terrace rising 30 to 40 feet above Groton Hollow Road.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tiny park's got no game — and few visitors - 4
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 18
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Raising a pint for science - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Downtown, it's all in the restaurant family - 1
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A short history of the spice trade - 1
- City Matters: Little sleep for Vietnam vet - 3
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flash mob workshop will be a 'Thriller' - 0
- Former Royals slugger and current Giants scout Balboni's heart remains with San Francisco - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: The pesky problem of financing inventions - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Kelley Tambouris: I am a Manchester teacher, and I need more support - 0
- What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy - 0
- Government thinks it's your right not to know - 0
- On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it - 1
- Two nonprofits receive a 'quick' $25,000 after pitch - 0
- Big step forward for Littleton outdoor footwear manufacturer - 0
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault
Monitoring social media
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy