This Week's Rare Bird Alert
Snowy owls continued to be reported in New Hampshire during the past week including two along the coast in Rye, and five in the Hampton and Seabrook marsh areas. There was an unconfirmed report of one seen along Porter Road in Alstead on Jan. 15.
A Thayer’s gull has been seen several times during the past week visiting a feeding station at a private residence in East Kingston with more than 30 other gulls, including at least one Iceland gull.
A glaucous gull and four great cormorants were seen on the Nashua River in Nashua on Jan. 9, and two glaucous gulls were seen in Hampton Harbor on the 12th.
Forty four razorbills were seen along the coast from Little Boar’s Head in North Hampton on Jan. 12.
Several pine grosbeaks were reported from Nashua on Jan. 11.
Twelve Lapland longspurs were seen at Bicentennial Park in Hampton on Jan. 8.
There were a few reports of peregrine falcon and merlin during the past week.
A brown thrasher was seen in Rye on Jan. 11, and one was seen in Rye on the 15th. An eastern towhee was seen in Ashland on Jan. 13.Yellow-bellied sapsuckers were reported from Bartlett and Nashua during the past week, and a northern flicker was again seen in Bedford, on Jan. 10.
A flock of approximately 500 cedar waxwings was reported from Dover on Jan. 10.
READER COMMENTS: 27
- A mom's bail: Getting it right - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 12
- Proof of Santa here: Hooksett's Dick Marshall, for one - 0
- Christmas spirit: Do you have more than a homeless man? - 1
- The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama - 47
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 38
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- After Newtown: A gun rights revival - 39
- Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads