Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Two arrested for shooting during Nashua drug Deal
Police say that Danny Vorn, 22, of 42 N. Street in Lowell, Mass., was shot Jan. 9 outside of 6 Rochette Ave. during a drug transaction involving multiple pounds of marijuana.
According to authorities, Vorn's drug transaction went horribly wrong when two other people involved in the transaction -- both Nashua residents -- allegedly robbed Vorn at gunpoint.
"During the course of the robbery, the firearm was discharged and Vorn was shot in the back of the head," according to a press release.
Alexandre Amado, 20, of 15 Kessler Farm Dr., apt. 303, and Anthony Farmer, 20, of 5 Hartford Lane, apt. E., were arrested on Thursday and Friday, respectively, for the incident.
Police say that Amado "recklessly caused bodily injury to Danny Vorn … by discharging a firearm at the back of Danny Vorn's head, thereby causing traumatic brain injury," says court documents.
Amado has been charged with one count of second-degree assault for the shooting, a felony, and is being held on $100,000 cash bail. He was arraigned at the 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division, on Friday morning, and will be back in court on Jan. 27 for a probable cause hearing.
Farmer also was allegedly involved in the robbery and drug transaction, and was arrested Friday and charged with a felony count of armed robbery. He is being held at the Nashua Police Department, and will be arraigned on Tuesday, said police.
The Nashua Police Department's Crime Scene Unit has located two firearms in connection to the investigation.
Vorn remains hospitalized in critical condition at Boston Medical Center, according to authorities.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Possible negotiated plea for Nashua dad accused of negligent homicide in son's death - 0
- Amherst man facing charges in August Merrimack accident - 0
- Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom - 0
- Nashua couple's minivan stolen with toddler in back seat - 9
- Pelham store robbed Saturday - 0
- Woman charged with attacking fiancé, threatening him with a gun - 0
- Two months later, still no answers in killing near Stinson Lake - 0
- Man cited for OHRV use in wetland area in Stewartstown - 0
- $25M suit filed against jail, police by man paralyzed in custody - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate sustains Hassan veto of bill to revamp juvenile justice system - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Brown calls on Shaheen to back bill targeting ISIS - 4
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid is identified - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Football Power Poll; Who's No. 1 this week? - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Belichick's 200th was a trademark triumph - 0
- MarketReach makes move to Nashua - 0
In 2nd District race, Garcia bucks Obamacare
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Find the hidden cash stashed downtown
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
20140915-Adam Sandler reflects on his and Chris Farley’s firing from ‘SNL': ‘It hurt a lot’
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917