Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Two arrested for shooting during Nashua drug Deal
Police say that Danny Vorn, 22, of 42 N. Street in Lowell, Mass., was shot Jan. 9 outside of 6 Rochette Ave. during a drug transaction involving multiple pounds of marijuana.
According to authorities, Vorn's drug transaction went horribly wrong when two other people involved in the transaction -- both Nashua residents -- allegedly robbed Vorn at gunpoint.
"During the course of the robbery, the firearm was discharged and Vorn was shot in the back of the head," according to a press release.
Alexandre Amado, 20, of 15 Kessler Farm Dr., apt. 303, and Anthony Farmer, 20, of 5 Hartford Lane, apt. E., were arrested on Thursday and Friday, respectively, for the incident.
Police say that Amado "recklessly caused bodily injury to Danny Vorn … by discharging a firearm at the back of Danny Vorn's head, thereby causing traumatic brain injury," says court documents.
Amado has been charged with one count of second-degree assault for the shooting, a felony, and is being held on $100,000 cash bail. He was arraigned at the 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division, on Friday morning, and will be back in court on Jan. 27 for a probable cause hearing.
Farmer also was allegedly involved in the robbery and drug transaction, and was arrested Friday and charged with a felony count of armed robbery. He is being held at the Nashua Police Department, and will be arraigned on Tuesday, said police.
The Nashua Police Department's Crime Scene Unit has located two firearms in connection to the investigation.
Vorn remains hospitalized in critical condition at Boston Medical Center, according to authorities.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 3
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 9
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief