Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Two arrested for shooting during Nashua drug Deal
Police say that Danny Vorn, 22, of 42 N. Street in Lowell, Mass., was shot Jan. 9 outside of 6 Rochette Ave. during a drug transaction involving multiple pounds of marijuana.
According to authorities, Vorn's drug transaction went horribly wrong when two other people involved in the transaction -- both Nashua residents -- allegedly robbed Vorn at gunpoint.
"During the course of the robbery, the firearm was discharged and Vorn was shot in the back of the head," according to a press release.
Alexandre Amado, 20, of 15 Kessler Farm Dr., apt. 303, and Anthony Farmer, 20, of 5 Hartford Lane, apt. E., were arrested on Thursday and Friday, respectively, for the incident.
Police say that Amado "recklessly caused bodily injury to Danny Vorn … by discharging a firearm at the back of Danny Vorn's head, thereby causing traumatic brain injury," says court documents.
Amado has been charged with one count of second-degree assault for the shooting, a felony, and is being held on $100,000 cash bail. He was arraigned at the 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division, on Friday morning, and will be back in court on Jan. 27 for a probable cause hearing.
Farmer also was allegedly involved in the robbery and drug transaction, and was arrested Friday and charged with a felony count of armed robbery. He is being held at the Nashua Police Department, and will be arraigned on Tuesday, said police.
The Nashua Police Department's Crime Scene Unit has located two firearms in connection to the investigation.
Vorn remains hospitalized in critical condition at Boston Medical Center, according to authorities.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- June graduate of St. Paul’s School indicted on sex assault charges - 0
- Police: Activist in chicken suit was warned not to pester Shaheen prior to arrest - 0
- Judge orders prosecutors to disclose more details in Portsmouth bat beating probe - 0
- Former Claremont police dispatcher waives hearing on sexual assault charges - 0
- Some sexual assault charges dismissed against Nashua caretaker - 0
- Dover man indicted in sexual assault of young girl - 0
- Rochester man facing attempted murder charge - 0
- Mother, daughter, man charged in prostitution case in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 13
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist
- Total Votes: 917