Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Two arrested for shooting during Nashua drug Deal
Police say that Danny Vorn, 22, of 42 N. Street in Lowell, Mass., was shot Jan. 9 outside of 6 Rochette Ave. during a drug transaction involving multiple pounds of marijuana.
According to authorities, Vorn's drug transaction went horribly wrong when two other people involved in the transaction -- both Nashua residents -- allegedly robbed Vorn at gunpoint.
"During the course of the robbery, the firearm was discharged and Vorn was shot in the back of the head," according to a press release.
Alexandre Amado, 20, of 15 Kessler Farm Dr., apt. 303, and Anthony Farmer, 20, of 5 Hartford Lane, apt. E., were arrested on Thursday and Friday, respectively, for the incident.
Police say that Amado "recklessly caused bodily injury to Danny Vorn … by discharging a firearm at the back of Danny Vorn's head, thereby causing traumatic brain injury," says court documents.
Amado has been charged with one count of second-degree assault for the shooting, a felony, and is being held on $100,000 cash bail. He was arraigned at the 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division, on Friday morning, and will be back in court on Jan. 27 for a probable cause hearing.
Farmer also was allegedly involved in the robbery and drug transaction, and was arrested Friday and charged with a felony count of armed robbery. He is being held at the Nashua Police Department, and will be arraigned on Tuesday, said police.
The Nashua Police Department's Crime Scene Unit has located two firearms in connection to the investigation.
Vorn remains hospitalized in critical condition at Boston Medical Center, according to authorities.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus