Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Shots fired, man pistol-whipped in Laconia incident
LACONIA - A Laconia man was taken to the hospital Friday morning after he suffered head injuries in a pistol-whipping incident at an Estate Circle apartment complex.
Police arrested Parker K. Cathcart, 19, of Winter St. in the incident, charging him with first degree assault, three counts of reckless conduct for firing a handgun in one of the stairwells of a 52 Estates Circle apartment building, and criminal mischief. No one was shot, according to police.
Capt. William Clary said police are not releasing the name of the injured man who suffered head injuries and a concussion. Clary said there were other people involved in the incident and that police expect to make other arrests.
The incident was reported at 3:24 a.m. Witnesses told officers Cathcart had left the scene in a dark colored vehicle. He was later arrested at his apartment.
Cathcart refused bail and is being held at the Belknap County jail pending arraignment, which is yet to be scheduled, according to Clary.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 524-5252 or Greater Laconia Crime Line at 524-1717.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 2
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 2
- Ex-coach found not guilty on sexual assault charges a second time - 9
- Derry woman accused of burglaries - 0
- Scam artists calling PSNH customers, demand money - 0
- Manchester police investigate home invasion on Merrimack Street - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 3
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 0
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 0
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
- Sox rally in ninth to win - 0
- Fisher Cats' hitters can't solve Binghamton hurlers - 0
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917