Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Shots fired, man pistol-whipped in Laconia incident
PARKER K. CATHCART
LACONIA - A Laconia man was taken to the hospital Friday morning after he suffered head injuries in a pistol-whipping incident at an Estate Circle apartment complex.
Police arrested Parker K. Cathcart, 19, of Winter St. in the incident, charging him with first degree assault, three counts of reckless conduct for firing a handgun in one of the stairwells of a 52 Estates Circle apartment building, and criminal mischief. No one was shot, according to police.
Capt. William Clary said police are not releasing the name of the injured man who suffered head injuries and a concussion. Clary said there were other people involved in the incident and that police expect to make other arrests.
The incident was reported at 3:24 a.m. Witnesses told officers Cathcart had left the scene in a dark colored vehicle. He was later arrested at his apartment.
Cathcart refused bail and is being held at the Belknap County jail pending arraignment, which is yet to be scheduled, according to Clary.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 524-5252 or Greater Laconia Crime Line at 524-1717.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Market Basket deal reached; Arthur T. Demoulas to return - 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917