Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Police tapes released in case of state rep running over ducks
Although Campbell has already paid a fine for killing five ducks with his vehicle on Dec. 23 outside the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Nashua, new revelations have surfaced alleging that Campbell was drunk at the time of the crash, and that Nashua Police Commissioner Thomas Pappas picked him up following the accident.
Click below to listen to the tapes:
"If you could send us an officer by, we've had a — well, there's a gentleman who is drunk," Connor Lippman, the night manager at the hotel told police when he called for assistance around 10 p.m. on Dec. 23. "He ran over four or five ducks right in the parking lot, and we might have an altercation between him and another guest who will not let this issue go."
The bar receipt does say that Campbell purchased four drinks, however there were other people in his party, according to the police report. Campbell claimed he had just two.
"I do think, however, that it would be important to hear from the AG," said Lozeau.
Lozeau would not comment on Pappas' intervention on behalf of Campbell, although she did say that she has heard concerns from some citizens about the situation.
When asked whether his agency has been in contact with the Nashua Police Department about the matter, Foster said, "not in a detailed fashion," declining to elaborate.
Capt. James Lima declined to comment on the newest allegations that Campbell was intoxicated, nor would he say whether he was concerned about Pappas' intervention the night of the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus