Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Police tapes released in case of state rep running over ducks
Although Campbell has already paid a fine for killing five ducks with his vehicle on Dec. 23 outside the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Nashua, new revelations have surfaced alleging that Campbell was drunk at the time of the crash, and that Nashua Police Commissioner Thomas Pappas picked him up following the accident.
Click below to listen to the tapes:
"If you could send us an officer by, we've had a — well, there's a gentleman who is drunk," Connor Lippman, the night manager at the hotel told police when he called for assistance around 10 p.m. on Dec. 23. "He ran over four or five ducks right in the parking lot, and we might have an altercation between him and another guest who will not let this issue go."
The bar receipt does say that Campbell purchased four drinks, however there were other people in his party, according to the police report. Campbell claimed he had just two.
"I do think, however, that it would be important to hear from the AG," said Lozeau.
Lozeau would not comment on Pappas' intervention on behalf of Campbell, although she did say that she has heard concerns from some citizens about the situation.
When asked whether his agency has been in contact with the Nashua Police Department about the matter, Foster said, "not in a detailed fashion," declining to elaborate.
Capt. James Lima declined to comment on the newest allegations that Campbell was intoxicated, nor would he say whether he was concerned about Pappas' intervention the night of the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483