Home » News » Public Safety
Derry will restrict parking on section of South Avenue
Councilors voted 7-0 to approve an amendment to the parking code in a meeting last week. Parking will be prohibited for a distance of 125 feet on both sides of South Avenue from the intersection with Birch Street heading west. Parking on Birch Street will still be allowed, according to officials.
Traffic flow was impacted when people parked their cars on South Avenue to go to nearby businesses, Fowler said.
The committee listened to testimony and discussed the matter during two meetings before recommending approval for the parking restriction, Fowler said.
The only cost the town will incur will be to install “no parking” signs, according to officials.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua man critical after being hit by box truck - 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison
Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs