Granite Staters headed to March for Life in D.C.
The annual NH March for Life was held at the State House in Concord on Saturday. (Thomas Roy/Union Leader)
Among those attending Wednesday's events will be 75 students from Trinity High School in Manchester.
They'll leave early Tuesday morning, arriving in Washington in time for Mass at a local church that evening. Bishop Peter Libasci will say Mass for the New Hampshire contingent Wednesday morning before they all head to the Mall for the march, she said.
"When I got down there and people had signs with pictures of abortion and started sharing their stories about lost babies through abortion and how they regretted that, it broke my heart," she said.
And as a Catholic school teacher, he said, "I think it's important...to bring these kids down there, to let them know they are not alone and there are other people who think just like them."
While some of the speeches on the Washington Mall can get partisan and political, he said, "What I like about the youth rally is it's so positive and uplifting."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Youth Leadership Academy will start Sept. 23 - 0
- New school year kicks off in style in Wilton/Lyndeborough - 0
- PSU recognizes 3 professors for their scholarship, service - 0
- Unity Elementary School off to late start - 0
- La. Gov. Jindal files federal lawsuit over Common Core - 0
- Central High parents reminded to use caution when dropping kids off - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 4
- Construction to begin on Hollis playground - 0
- New Derry school year launch honors everyday heroes - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name