Granite Staters headed to March for Life in D.C.
Among those attending Wednesday's events will be 75 students from Trinity High School in Manchester.
They'll leave early Tuesday morning, arriving in Washington in time for Mass at a local church that evening. Bishop Peter Libasci will say Mass for the New Hampshire contingent Wednesday morning before they all head to the Mall for the march, she said.
"When I got down there and people had signs with pictures of abortion and started sharing their stories about lost babies through abortion and how they regretted that, it broke my heart," she said.
And as a Catholic school teacher, he said, "I think it's important...to bring these kids down there, to let them know they are not alone and there are other people who think just like them."
While some of the speeches on the Washington Mall can get partisan and political, he said, "What I like about the youth rally is it's so positive and uplifting."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bishop Libasci declares Holy Family Academy a Catholic school - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News in Brief - 0
- Clergy to take Ash Wednesday to the streets today in Concord - 0
- Roman Catholic Bishop Libasci offers his message for Lent - 0
- ‘Son of God’ attracting the faithful and movie-lovers in NH - 0
- Seacoast churches offer program introducing Episcopal faith - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News Briefs - 0
- New Cardinal Gerald Lacroix thanks his mom and dad - 2
- NH family cheers newly installed Cardinal Lacroix - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus