Snow showers bring more slipping on New Hampshire roads
A snow shower advanced across parts of New Hampshire early Sunday, renewing slippery road conditions that plagued motorists on Saturday, when a heavier-than-forecast snowfall was blamed for several traffic accidents.
The light snowfall Sunday came with temperatures just below the freezing mark, resulting in slippery spots where treatment had not been applied or had washed away. Accidents impeding traffic have been reported in Derry, Lee, Sandown and Brentwood.
In Derry, a spin-out on Interstate Route 93, in which two cars collided, backed up traffic for about a mile at about 9:30 a.m.
National Weather Service forecasters said some snow showers are possible Sunday afternoon with temperatures falling into the 20s Sunday night and into single digits and below-zero readings by late Monday as another Arctic cold air mass settles in for the remainder of the work week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Powerful storm lashes eastern U.S. with snow, arctic cold - 0
- Forecasters say true to form, March will come in like a lion - 0
- NWS: North Country flooding risk near normal for now - 0
- Device may help solve weighty problem - 0
- Frequent snowstorms taking a toll on Manchester's plowing budget - 1
- After-school activities canceled in New Boston, Goffstown and Dunbarton - 0
- Pembroke extends parking ban - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 0
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 0
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 0
- Nashua aldermen approve pair of union contracts - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Nashua must decide on parkway project's bridge aesthetics - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
Hooksett has five new school board members
A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth