Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Rochester police chief warns of increase in retail thefts
“Shoplifting is a major component,” Allen said.
Allen said police have worked with retailers, which have hired more loss prevention personnel, and have made it a policy to issue a press release for every arrest, which increases awareness and may deter others.
On Jan. 9, police arrested two men who allegedly had a van full of stolen goods, phony credit cards and fake driver’s licenses.
Deval Rhodes, 22, of 2168 Renfrew Ave. in Elmont, N.Y., was charged with forgery and possession of marijuana while Djeffry Louis, 20, of 245 Rosedall St. Apt. # 11422, New York City, was charged with the possession of cocaine, transporting marijuana and driving after revocation or suspension.
Allen credited the “extraordinary work” of the local officers who tracked down the men and detectives who pieced the case together using computer forensics, finances and multiple interviews.
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot - 1
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 9
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mphREADER COMMENTS: 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917