Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
'Lowdown' thieves stealing woodpiles
Police Chief Mike McGillen said a half-cord is believed to have been taken from a residence on Old Deerfield Road Jan. 5. The theft of a quarter-cord from a Raymond Road residence likely happened Jan. 7.
The chief said one neighbor on Old Deerfield Road reported seeing a gray pickup truck driven by a white man of medium build.
"People in this town are great; they would all be willing to lend a hand," McGillen said.
Selectmen Chairman Frederick Kelley said it seems likely the thief is selling the wood.
"If anyone is stealing wood, that is pretty lowdown; people have got to heat their homes, and the way the economy is today, it's tough," Kelley said. "Wood is very important. Lots of people here heat with wood; it's very important,"
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dover police say cyberstalking victim who committed suicide faced other 'stressors' - 0
- Berlin doctor enters settlement agreement for improperly prescribing drugs - 0
- Londonderry police chief probing online 'CopBlock' allegations - 1
- Exeter man charged in two 2013 burglaries - 0
- Investigators ask public for help with Hernandez case - 3
- Merrimack man arrested in sexual assaults of juvenile - 0
- Police say boy, 6, found in getaway car - 1
- Keene man charged with June Central Square 'chalking' assault - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law
- Total Votes: 917