Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Alleged Hampton drug dealer indicted on more charges linked to crash that killed two
Cindy Sheppard, was indicted on new drug charges linked to the Sept. 21 crash that killed two cyclists near Hampton Beach. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/FILE PHOTO)
BRENTWOOD — A Hampton woman is facing more drug charges for allegedly supplying a 19-year-old Seabrook driver with fentanyl before she struck two bicyclists who died in September, prosecutors said.
Cindy Sheppard, 48, was indicted on a new round of enhanced drug charges for allegedly supplying Darriean Hess with a dose of the pain-killing drug before she veered a 2002 Honda into a group of bicyclists on Sept. 21 along Route 1A.
The new indictments were returned by a grand jury in Rockingham County Superior Court.
She faces three counts of possession of a controlled drug while on release, and single counts of dispensing a controlled drug while on release and allowing an improper person to operate a motor vehicle.
The two women were riding their bikes in the Granite State Wheelmen Seacoast Century Ride.
Sheppard's latest charges comes as she awaits a decision by a judge about whether evidence in her first case will be heard by a jury.
He said there was no connection between his client, and a woman known as "Cinderella" who was identified in some of the conversations as a drug dealer.
Hampton police found Sheppard had 7.3 grams of heroin in her home, along with four ounces of cocaine and small quantities of crack cocaine, oxycodone, diazepam, methylone and marijuana, according to prosecutors.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483