Dublin School celebrates King with special visitors
The Trey Whitfield School Choir performs at Dublin School Monday as part of both school's Martin Luther King Jr. Day celebrations. (MEGHAN PIERCE)
Dublin School is one of four New England schools upper classmen of the Trey Whitfield School students visited Monday.
Sitting in the audience at Dublin School Monday were Trey Whitfield alum and former choir members Tymira Holman, 16, of Queens, and Shaneil Wynter, 14, of Brooklyn.
Holman, a junior, said that although she had visited Dublin School several times, deciding to attend the boarding school was a huge leap. She thought she would be overwhelmed with homesickness, but soon felt the family atmosphere and love teachers and staff create at the school, she said.
Included in the tour of schools is Brewster Academy in Wolfeboro, which the Trey Whitfield School's namesake attended.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
A new era for Nashua's police force
Cyber security a fear in NH, too
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'