Home » News » Public Safety
Vt. man dies in logging truck accident
Driver Mike Doucette, 24, of Milan was stopped on the road to put chains on the tractors' tires for a two mile trip further into the woods.
The truck, which is owned by Kelley Trucking of Milan, was delivering a piece of logging equipment.
A second worker, Brian Young, 42, of Concord, Vt., was helping Doucette put the chains on the tires. Doucette, believing Young was clear of the truck, began to drive forward.
When he did, he struck Young who suffered serious injuries and died at the scene, according to state police.
New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officers were nearby on snowmobile and were the first officers on the scene. EMTs from Errol ambulance also responded to provide medical assistance.
The accident occurred about 1/10 of a mile west of the intersection of Route 16, just north of the Errol town line with Cambridge.
The investigation is continuing and no charges have been filed at this time.
Troopers with New Hampshire State Police Troop F and Troop G are conducting the investigation.
An official from the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's Office responded to the scene.
READER COMMENTS: 14
- Londonderry response team celebrates 10th anniversary - 0
- Police say to expect more arrests in wake of Keene chaos - 6
- Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation - 8
- Bedford woman injured when tree falls on her - 0
- Clarksville man accidentally shoots himself - 0
- KSC graduate in town says he aided a wounded party-goer - 0
- Weare shakes its head at police department saga - 4
- Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault - 11
- Londonderry man killed in I-495 off-ramp crash identified - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- GT Advanced Technology attorney hoping for Apple agreement today to allow more openness in bankruptcy court - 0
- Nashua caretaker wants evidence suppressed in sexual assault case - 0
- Former coach from Nashua charged in sex assaults claims confession was involuntary - 0
- NH highways have potentialy deadly guardrail end pieces, transportation commissioner says - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 10
- Staples says it is probing possible payment card data breach - 1
- Manchester police: Ga. man stole truck in Mass. to visit mom in NH - 0
- South African Olympian Pistorius sentenced to five years in girlfriend's murder - 0
- Expect the unexpected in NHIAA field hockey tourneys - 0
A series of sharp exchanges at 2nd CD debate
Murder-suicide ruled in Fremont deaths
Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar