Home » News » Public Safety
Vt. man dies in logging truck accident
Driver Mike Doucette, 24, of Milan was stopped on the road to put chains on the tractors' tires for a two mile trip further into the woods.
The truck, which is owned by Kelley Trucking of Milan, was delivering a piece of logging equipment.
A second worker, Brian Young, 42, of Concord, Vt., was helping Doucette put the chains on the tires. Doucette, believing Young was clear of the truck, began to drive forward.
When he did, he struck Young who suffered serious injuries and died at the scene, according to state police.
New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officers were nearby on snowmobile and were the first officers on the scene. EMTs from Errol ambulance also responded to provide medical assistance.
The accident occurred about 1/10 of a mile west of the intersection of Route 16, just north of the Errol town line with Cambridge.
The investigation is continuing and no charges have been filed at this time.
Troopers with New Hampshire State Police Troop F and Troop G are conducting the investigation.
An official from the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's Office responded to the scene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 6
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief