Home » News » Public Safety
'Little old ladies' upset after cars towed from Burger King parking lot
Signs are posted at the Burger King parking lot on Hooksett Road in Manchester. (DAVID LANE/UNION LEADER)
About once a month, the 14 hire a limousine-van for a trip into Boston, where they visit the Museum of Fine Arts and hear the Boston Symphony. Goulet said she and her friends rendezvous at the Hooksett Road Burger King; some in the group have been doing so for at least two decades.
"Burger King should have put post-its under the windshield wipers (saying) don't do it again. They couldn't have been oblivious to the fact we've been doing this all these years," said Goulet, who is 78. "I think it was a dirty trick."
However, the towing company owner said Burger King started cracking down on the parking lot because of teenagers who drive recklessly through the lot and litter. Kris Hobbs of Bentley's Towing said the manager called him Friday and told him to tow cars that had been there all day.
"I felt horrible when they all showed up. They were sweet little old ladies," he said. He said he reduced the tow charges from $165 to $100.
"All of us together, we can joke or laugh. But any of us by ourselves, it would have been a disaster," she said.
She said everyone parks far away from the doors.
"We look like we're customers," Goulet said. "We thought we were doing Burger King a favor; their parking lot is never full."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Lebanon police lieutenant resigns during internal probe into faking of fitness test results - 0
- Hampton man still in critical condition from Rte. 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Pilot OK after Lake Winnipesaukee plane crash - 0
- Hampton man in critical condition after crash on Route 125 - 0
- Concord water main break diverts traffic - 0
- Claremont convent ravaged by fire to be razed - 0
- Hampton woman pulled from truck, in hospital after I-95 crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing