Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Mass. man faces attempted murder, kidnapping charges in Salem incident
Walton Valentin, 31, of Middleton, Mass. was indicted on seven charges for allegedly jumping in the woman’s car on Nov. 9 and threatening to kill her and her family if she did not comply with his wishes.
Valentin could face up to life in prison if convicted on the attempted murder charge.
He also faces charges of first- and second-degree assault, criminal threatening, theft by unauthorized taking and violation of a protective order.
Valentin allegedly already had fled the area by stealing the woman’s Dodge Caravan, according to police.
Indictments say that Valentin used a handgun to subdue the woman and told her “that he would kill her and her mother if she didn’t come with him.”
She told police that Valenin pulled the trigger once but the gun jammed while the two were in Salem.
Valentin allegedly began choking the woman and struck her in the face and head with the handgun, prosecutors said.
Police eventually recovered the stolen van in Andover, Mass.
Valentin was apprehended at a deli in New York City on Nov. 14. He also has arrest warrants in Massachusetts, where he was being held following his arrest.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 1
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 7
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 3
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief