Home » News » Public Safety
Epping police chief says of store clerk's death, 'If there are any charges we can increase or bring forward...we will'
"I can tell you this, and I can assure you, from the very beginning we have taken the necessary steps to make sure if there are any charges that we can increase or bring forward … we will," he told selectmen.
Jeffrey Seymore, 27, of Manchester, was charged with theft after allegedly stealing four cartons of cigarettes from the store on Christmas Eve. He was scheduled to be arraigned today at 8 a.m. in the Brentwood Circuit Court.
After speaking with police and providing a description of the suspect that was used to apprehend him a short time later in Raymond, Blais returned to his work and was trying to finish things quickly before his midnight shift ended. His wife said he collapsed inside the store just after midnight.
Wallace said he was notified of the incident and the death soon after it happened. Police contacted Acting Rockingham County Attorney James Boffetti, who is also a member of the state Attorney General's Office, on Dec. 26 to discuss the case, Wallace said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 3
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua man arrested in Brookline stabbing - 0
- Cumberland Farms robbed; third store hit this month in Rochester - 0
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 3
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 2
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
LNG plant put 'on hold'