Conference set for Goffstown church
GOFFSTOWN — The Congregational Church of Goffstown is hosting a women’s conference entitled “Women at Rest” on Saturday, Feb. 8, from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
All women of faith are invited to rest and rejuvenate their lives through praise, Bible study and prayer under the leadership of speaker Shauna Amick.
The $15 registration fee includes breakfast and lunch; scholarships are available if needed.
Registration information is available at www.goffcong.org/news or by calling the church at 497-2365.
NASHUA — The Nashua Area Interfaith Council sponsered a service of worship on Wednesday to recognize the unity of the Christian faith.
It was the first time a service was held in the greater Nashua community during the week of Christian unity. Participating congregations come from the Protestant, Roman Catholic and Greek Orthodox traditions.
The service focused on a passage of Scripture found in First Corthinians.
The words were written by the Apostle Paul: “I appeal to you ... that all of you be in agreement and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same purpose.”
‘Place at the Table’ showing in Rindge
RINDGE — The First Congregational Church of Rindge takes a look at the growing epidemic of hunger in America with a showing of the Magnolia pictures film “A Place at the Table” Thursday, Jan. 30, at 7 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School board plan to move students draws opposition - 0
- Salem school district unveils new mobile app - 0
- Student impaled by flying golf club at Arkansas fraternity party - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Back to school at Keene State - 0
- School board holds hearing on proposed charter school in Windham - 0
- Hill district considering three offers where to send middle, high school students - 0
- Program to help hungry Hudson kids with food packages - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Three teens sent to area hospitals after crash on Blackwater Road at Rochester-Dover border - 0
- Neighborhood group presents award to Manchester police - 0
- Good Samaritans track down man accused of stealing purse - 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS leads police to truck; vehicle breaks lead to arrest - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- Brian’s Ride Home benefits Afghanistan veteran - 0
- Red Sox held to one hit as Angels coast to win - 0
- Market Basket: Analysts point to debt - 3
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt
Poll: Brown makes gains on Sen. Shaheen