Conference set for Goffstown church
GOFFSTOWN — The Congregational Church of Goffstown is hosting a women’s conference entitled “Women at Rest” on Saturday, Feb. 8, from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
All women of faith are invited to rest and rejuvenate their lives through praise, Bible study and prayer under the leadership of speaker Shauna Amick.
The $15 registration fee includes breakfast and lunch; scholarships are available if needed.
Registration information is available at www.goffcong.org/news or by calling the church at 497-2365.
NASHUA — The Nashua Area Interfaith Council sponsered a service of worship on Wednesday to recognize the unity of the Christian faith.
It was the first time a service was held in the greater Nashua community during the week of Christian unity. Participating congregations come from the Protestant, Roman Catholic and Greek Orthodox traditions.
The service focused on a passage of Scripture found in First Corthinians.
The words were written by the Apostle Paul: “I appeal to you ... that all of you be in agreement and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same purpose.”
‘Place at the Table’ showing in Rindge
RINDGE — The First Congregational Church of Rindge takes a look at the growing epidemic of hunger in America with a showing of the Magnolia pictures film “A Place at the Table” Thursday, Jan. 30, at 7 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's Holy Family Academy named School of Excellence - 0
- Weare teen to compete in Bible bee - 0
- More churches reporting scam - 0
- Bishop of Rochester, N.Y., will be homilist for annual Red Mass - 0
- Religion Briefs: Divorce and separation support group meets in Goffstown - 0
- Annual dedication of Starr Memorial Garden scheduled - 0
- Bethany Covenant Church in Bedford celebrates 125 years, looks toward future - 0
- Season of Epsom Bible Church AWANA Clubs to begin - 0
- St. Michael's church in Exeter to offer financial course - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'