Conference set for Goffstown church
GOFFSTOWN — The Congregational Church of Goffstown is hosting a women’s conference entitled “Women at Rest” on Saturday, Feb. 8, from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
All women of faith are invited to rest and rejuvenate their lives through praise, Bible study and prayer under the leadership of speaker Shauna Amick.
The $15 registration fee includes breakfast and lunch; scholarships are available if needed.
Registration information is available at www.goffcong.org/news or by calling the church at 497-2365.
NASHUA — The Nashua Area Interfaith Council sponsered a service of worship on Wednesday to recognize the unity of the Christian faith.
It was the first time a service was held in the greater Nashua community during the week of Christian unity. Participating congregations come from the Protestant, Roman Catholic and Greek Orthodox traditions.
The service focused on a passage of Scripture found in First Corthinians.
The words were written by the Apostle Paul: “I appeal to you ... that all of you be in agreement and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same purpose.”
‘Place at the Table’ showing in Rindge
RINDGE — The First Congregational Church of Rindge takes a look at the growing epidemic of hunger in America with a showing of the Magnolia pictures film “A Place at the Table” Thursday, Jan. 30, at 7 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown’s prospects for a U.S. Senate win are poor - 0
- Deroy Murdock: A 'reset' with Russia that would get Putin's attention - 0
- Helen DePrima: How Obamacare worsened my health insurance - 14
- Jonah Goldberg: On Russia, Obama is stuck in the past - 3
- Ray Wieczorek: Joe Kenney is the man for the job - 1
- Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin? - 2
- Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness - 0
- George Will: The face of IRS behavior - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus