Bedford VFW hosting Super Bowl breakfast
BEDFORD — Richard K. Harvell VFW Post 8401 is holding a breakfast on Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 2, from 8 to 11 a.m. at the Old Town Hall.
All proceeds go to fund the post’s annual George T. Wiggin and Margaret “Peggy” Rice scholarship program.
Meredith post event
MEREDITH — The American Legion Post 33, 6 Plymouth St., is hosting meat bingo at 3 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 25.
Enrollment Friday at Manchester VAMC
MANCHESTER — The Manchester VAMC will host an open house for new health care enrollment on Friday, Jan. 24, from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. in the training and education conference room on the first floor.
Free blood pressure screenings will be offered and general health and wellness information will be available.
Bring a DD214 along with a government ID. Contact Judy at 624-4366, ext. 2291.
MANCHESTER — Post 79 is holding cribbage games on Monday nights.
The start time is 6:30 p.m. and the cost is $5.
RAYMOND — The VFW Post 4479 will hold a potluck benefit for Herb Perron, a long-time member, at 6 p.m. on Friday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: Regulatory overkill everywhere - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 33
- John Stossel: Earth Day is more like Earth Daze - 3
- Drew Cline: Rand Paul's coalition vs. Ted Cruz's army - 5
- Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed - 4
- George Will: Understanding our divisions - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Attorney General Eric Holder's race card - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 14
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'