Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Dover man charged with armed robbery at Somersworth gas station
Chad A. Needham, 25, of 6 Newton St. in Dover, was charged with armed robbery after he allegedly used a handgun to steal cigarettes and cash from the store at 55 Route 108 around 8 a.m. Tuesday.
According to police, after fleeing from the store on foot, he ran into the woods across the road. A K-9 team from the Strafford County Sheriff’s Department later led officers to the area near the Midway Buick parking lot, where they believe Neeham had a vehicle and drove off.
Police requested assistance from the public and notified other area departments, distributing a description of the man and a vehicle he may have used.
“The quick resolution to this crime was made possible by the responses from the public to the photos of the suspect published by local media,” police said in a release.
Neeham was arrested at his home, where police allegedly found evidence from the robbery, including an undisclosed about of cash and cigarettes.
Officers also found a black pellet pistol – which was identified as being used during the robbery - along the side of Route 108, according to police.
Following his arrest, Needham was held at Strafford County Jail in Dover on $10,000 cash bail. His is scheduled to be arraigned at the 7th Circuit Court - Dover Division Friday at 10:45 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dover police say cyberstalking victim who committed suicide faced other 'stressors' - 0
- Berlin doctor enters settlement agreement for improperly prescribing drugs - 0
- Londonderry police chief probing online 'CopBlock' allegations - 1
- Exeter man charged in two 2013 burglaries - 0
- Documents say former UNH hockey coach allegedly grabbed player's jersey, helmet, and shouted in her face - 0
- Investigators ask public for help with Hernandez case - 3
- Merrimack man arrested in sexual assaults of juvenile - 0
- Police say boy, 6, found in getaway car - 1
- Keene man charged with June Central Square 'chalking' assault - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
- Total Votes: 917