Report suggests new name, academic changes for UNH Manchester
For the consultant report► Click here to view the report.
"As an important step for its future, the College must select a name that will clearly identify its academic distinctiveness as opposed to its location," the report states.
It was released Thursday, the second day on the job for Michael Hickey, the former telephone company executive and newly named interim dean of the college. In an interview, Hickey said the report will serve as his job description for the next 18 months.
► Click here to view the report.
"That (College of Integrated Professional Studies) may not be the name. Form will follow substance," he said.
He also said the campus would not dislocate any associate degree student, although he noted the statewide plan calls for moving associate degree programs to the community college system.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown’s prospects for a U.S. Senate win are poor - 0
- Deroy Murdock: A 'reset' with Russia that would get Putin's attention - 0
- Helen DePrima: How Obamacare worsened my health insurance - 14
- Jonah Goldberg: On Russia, Obama is stuck in the past - 3
- Ray Wieczorek: Joe Kenney is the man for the job - 1
- Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin? - 2
- Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness - 0
- George Will: The face of IRS behavior - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth