Report suggests new name, academic changes for UNH Manchester
For the consultant report► Click here to view the report.
"As an important step for its future, the College must select a name that will clearly identify its academic distinctiveness as opposed to its location," the report states.
It was released Thursday, the second day on the job for Michael Hickey, the former telephone company executive and newly named interim dean of the college. In an interview, Hickey said the report will serve as his job description for the next 18 months.
► Click here to view the report.
"That (College of Integrated Professional Studies) may not be the name. Form will follow substance," he said.
He also said the campus would not dislocate any associate degree student, although he noted the statewide plan calls for moving associate degree programs to the community college system.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rep. Stephen Shurtleff: What NH can accomplish when we cooperate in Concord - 0
- Brian Bouchard's NH Legal Perspective: Cloudy with a chance of trade secret forfeiture - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- John Stossel: Making legal immigration easier would help America - 2
- Deroy Murdock: Hillary's Benghazi-Whitewater connection? - 6
- George Will: Obama needs Congress to approve this war - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama is rushing into war against Islamic State - 1
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 7
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem