This Week's Rare Bird Alert
At least seven snowy owls continued to be reported in New Hampshire during the past week including one along the coast in Rye, one in New Castle, two at Pease International Tradeport, and 3 in the Hampton and Seabrook marsh areas. There was an unconfirmed report of a snowy owl in Concord on Jan. 21.
A black-legged kittiwake was seen off of Hampton Beach State Park on Jan. 20.
A glaucous gull was seen at Hampton Harbor on Jan. 20, and one was seen on Hampton Beach on the 19th.
A male Barrow’s goldeneye and a possible female were seen from Stark Landing along the Merrimack River in Manchester on Jan. 18.
Three gadwalls were seen in the coastal marsh located south of Odiorne Point State Park in Rye on Jan. 20.
Four Lapland longspurs were seen on the Route 1A median north of Great Boar’s Head in Hampton on Jan. 20, and two were seen at Hampton Beach State Park on Jan. 19.
A flock of 37 purple sandpipers was seen in Rye Harbor, and a flock of 10 was seen at Hampton Beach State Park, all on Jan. 20
A peregrine falcon was reported from the Notre Dame bridge in Manchester on Jan. 22, and there was an unconfirmed report of a gyrfalcon in Hudson on Jan. 19 and 20.
A yellow-rumped warbler was seen in Alstead, and one was seen in Hampton, both on Jan. 18.
A hermit thrush was seen in Portsmouth on Jan. 19.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via email at: email@example.com. Please put either “bird sighting” or “Rare Bird Alert” in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number.
READER COMMENTS: 30
- Thomas Sowell: The legal system exists to prevent mob 'justice' - 3
- Another View -- Cass Sunstein: A salute to the graceful silence of George W. Bush - 7
- David Harsanyi : Run, Liz, run! - 19
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 43
- Another View -- Harold Meyerson: The right underestimates Elizabeth Warren's appeal - 39
- Jonah Goldberg: There was a time when we stood up to threats against free speech - 2
- Why I voted against the 'CRomnibus' spending bill - 20
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 2
- David Harsanyi: GOP establishment, stop whining - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Schaller sent back to minors