Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Man gets prison sentence for sex assault of girl in Plaistow
Ronald Beausoleil, 34, of Haverhill, Mass., was sentenced on Friday to 15 to 30 years in state prison for sexually assaulting a 9-year-old girl at a Wal-Mart store in Plaistow. (JAMES A. KIMBLE)
Beausoleil also pleaded guilty to charges earlier this month that he exposed himself to another young girl at a Wal-Mart in Salem on Sept. 19, 2011.
A psychologist concluded in 2007 that Beausoleil suffered from pedophilia and was sexually attracted to young girls. That conclusion was based on a string of arrests and other incidents that he was never convicted of in Massachusetts, Haggar said.
Delker said he took into account that Beausoleil had twice before undergone sex offender treatment yet still used aliases and changed his appearance from year to year in order to avoid detection while targeting young girls, many of whom were complete strangers.
Delker said he was ordering the highest possible prison sentence along with a court-ordered evaluation for a civil commitment to ensure the maximum amount of protection he could provide to the public.
“He needs to be removed from society,” said the father. “He made this happen to countless families in the past. We don’t want this to happen to any other families. Who knows who hasn’t come forward? Who knows how many other families are out there?”
“I felt the judge made a good call and I am happy with the way it turned out,” she email@example.com
READER COMMENTS: 0
- More theft-related charges for Raymond woman - 0
- 3 men arrested for burglarizing car dealer - 0
- Alleged lip-biter faces more charges - 0
- Child left unattended while trio overdosed on heroin - 0
- Compounding company officials charged with murder - 0
- 'Resilient' teen has a long road to recovery - 0
- Kibby indictments detail months of depraved sexual violence and torture - 0
- Treasurer arraigned in theft from wool growers - 0
- Pet store burglary arrest leads to robbery charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics dominate Orlando - 0
- Bruins hold on in Minnesota, beat Wild in OT - 0
- Andreoff hat trick paces Monarchs - 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
- Thursday meeting to address Windham water project concerns - 0
- Derry takes steps to improve rundown buildings - 0
- Derry fire chief is retiring - 0
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483