Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Man gets prison sentence for sex assault of girl in Plaistow
Ronald Beausoleil, 34, of Haverhill, Mass., was sentenced on Friday to 15 to 30 years in state prison for sexually assaulting a 9-year-old girl at a Wal-Mart store in Plaistow. (JAMES A. KIMBLE)
Beausoleil also pleaded guilty to charges earlier this month that he exposed himself to another young girl at a Wal-Mart in Salem on Sept. 19, 2011.
A psychologist concluded in 2007 that Beausoleil suffered from pedophilia and was sexually attracted to young girls. That conclusion was based on a string of arrests and other incidents that he was never convicted of in Massachusetts, Haggar said.
Delker said he took into account that Beausoleil had twice before undergone sex offender treatment yet still used aliases and changed his appearance from year to year in order to avoid detection while targeting young girls, many of whom were complete strangers.
Delker said he was ordering the highest possible prison sentence along with a court-ordered evaluation for a civil commitment to ensure the maximum amount of protection he could provide to the public.
“He needs to be removed from society,” said the father. “He made this happen to countless families in the past. We don’t want this to happen to any other families. Who knows who hasn’t come forward? Who knows how many other families are out there?”
“I felt the judge made a good call and I am happy with the way it turned out,” she firstname.lastname@example.org
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Suspected Pa. cop-killer Eric Frein taken into custody - 0
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of moose poacher - 0
- Man facing robbery charges sentenced on probation violations - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 0
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- John Stossel: Incumbents almost always win - 0
- New parking system troubles businesses in downtown Bristol - 0
- Lyndeborough settles suit with former police officers - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
School's out for voters
Trump fired up over NH mailer
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483