Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Man gets prison sentence for sex assault of girl in Plaistow
Ronald Beausoleil, 34, of Haverhill, Mass., was sentenced on Friday to 15 to 30 years in state prison for sexually assaulting a 9-year-old girl at a Wal-Mart store in Plaistow. (JAMES A. KIMBLE)
Beausoleil also pleaded guilty to charges earlier this month that he exposed himself to another young girl at a Wal-Mart in Salem on Sept. 19, 2011.
A psychologist concluded in 2007 that Beausoleil suffered from pedophilia and was sexually attracted to young girls. That conclusion was based on a string of arrests and other incidents that he was never convicted of in Massachusetts, Haggar said.
Delker said he took into account that Beausoleil had twice before undergone sex offender treatment yet still used aliases and changed his appearance from year to year in order to avoid detection while targeting young girls, many of whom were complete strangers.
Delker said he was ordering the highest possible prison sentence along with a court-ordered evaluation for a civil commitment to ensure the maximum amount of protection he could provide to the public.
“He needs to be removed from society,” said the father. “He made this happen to countless families in the past. We don’t want this to happen to any other families. Who knows who hasn’t come forward? Who knows how many other families are out there?”
“I felt the judge made a good call and I am happy with the way it turned out,” she email@example.com
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Derry man faces child sex abuse images possession charges - 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 7
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917